Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Portrait of a Protégé, sequel to Portrait of a Girl Running, Now Available!


I hadn’t intended to publish Portrait of a Protégé so soon after its prequel, Portrait of a Girl Running, but I ended up working on the publication process for both books simultaneously. Now that Girl Running is available, it seems prudent to have its sequel published and ready to read while the first story is fresh in the reader’s mind. And yeah, I just want these stories done so I can finally focus on other things.


While Portrait of a Girl Running has a Young Adult feel, Portrait of a Protégé can be properly classified as New Adult, since the main character, Leila, is twenty-two and finding her way in the adult world. Here’s the description from the back cover:
Four years after the close of Portrait of a Girl Running, Leila is twenty-two and living on a pretty little lake in New Hampshire. A new set of circumstances throws her into a repeating cycle of grief that twists and morphs into unexpected and powerful emotions. Leila must finally confront her fears and learn to let go while navigating the field of cutting-edge psychology, protecting herself from the capricious winds of Southern hospitality, playing in the backyard of big-money art, and taming her unruly heart. Even her ‘guardian’ has a thing or two he must learn about love and letting go.
Portrait of a Protégé focuses a lot on the question of how we define love, and when it comes to romantic love, where do we set our boundaries? Yes, I push a few boundaries in this story. While I’m not opposed to stirring ambivalence, I just hope my readers find it entertaining and maybe a little thought provoking.

If anyone would like a review copy, just e-mail me (bridget at jbchicoine dot com) and let me know which format you prefer.

Here’s where Portrait of a Protégé is available so far: Amazon (trade paperback); Kindle; Smashwords (all other eReader devices)

8 comments:

  1. Purchased. I'll read it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really cool! Um ... may I make a suggestion? You may want to read Portrait of a Girl Running, first. I mean, Protege is great as a stand alone, but I think it would be a better read if you know the characters from the prequel.
      Either way, thanks for the interest! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congratulations again. And I am so in love with these covers! Love love love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations friend! I'm so excited for you and wish you great success with these - and all the other books I know are to come. You are an inspiration to me and I've been so thrilled to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa. Your help and encouragement contributed a lot to both of these stories. Now, to tackle some delusions!

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I love that cover. You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one cover designer to another, I take that as a real compliment! Thanks!

      Delete