Saturday, November 12, 2016

Portrait of a Girl Adrift Now Available!

Over the past months, I’ve been working hard preparing Portrait of a Girl Adrift for publication, and I’m happy to announce that the paperback version is now available on Amazon.com.Here is a preview of the full cover layout.
So that you don't have to squint at the cover copy on the back, here's what it says:
Just when Leila thinks she has everything under control, her deepest insecurities resurface when she must confront her unresolved issues surrounding the mother who abandoned her as a baby, and the men who raised her. Not even Clarence Myles can show her the way, and so Leila embarks on a journey of self-discovery that sends her drifting from place to place in search of answers.


In the process of zigzagging her way between North and South, Leila encounters a series of intense psychological twists and turns that send her reeling, grappling with more questions about her identity. Embarking on a final quest for what it means to be ‘whole,’ Leila risks everything she knows about maintaining control; on a calculated whim, she boards a boat with a young woman who is everything Leila is not. While navigating her own heart, nothing could prepare Leila for the biggest truth she’s about to learn.
Also, the Kindle version is still available for preorder, but I've moved the release date up by a couple weeks. It will be ready to download on Tuesday, November 15th.

In addition to uploading the novel files for publication, I updated my website, JBChicoine.com ... now to clean up the mess from my exploding head ...

* It will take a few weeks for it to show up on other online book retailers

6 comments:

  1. The layout for the print book looks really good. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Craig...You know I couldn't have done it without you. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your help and support--not to mention the time you spent reading and rereading! :)

      Delete
  3. I just love your covers. Congratulations, Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza--I've always been a fan of your photography! ;)

      Delete